First of all, go to CHATS tab in WhatsApp.
And Tap Menu > New Group. Alternatively, tap on New chat
Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap the green arrow.
Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by tapping Emoji.
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon, where you can choose to use your Camera, Gallery or Search Web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATS tab.
Tap the green checkmark when you’re finished.
Inviting into groups via links
If you’re the group admin, you can invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. To share a group invite link:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then tap Menu > Group info.
Tap Invite via a link.
Choose to Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link or Share link via another app.
- You can also share a group invite using a QR code by tapping Menu > Print group QR code. To print the QR code, your phone needs to be connected to a printer. Android recipients of the QR code can scan the code using a third-party QR code reader. iPhone recipients can scan the code using their phones’ cameras.
- The admin can Revoke link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.