Are you bored of seeing the same WhatsApp Chat background every day? Then, why not spice up your chats by changing the WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on your iPhone with photos of pets, people, or your loved ones from the photos App or by using images from the Wallpapers Library on your iPhone.
Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on iPhone
As mentioned above, you can change WhatsApp Chat Wallpapers either by using wallpapers from the Wallpaper Library on your iPhone or by using Photos stored on your Photos app.
Wallpaper Library: Your iPhone’s Wallpaper Library contains default images as set up on your phone by Apple.
Photos: This interesting option allows you to personalize your WhatsApp Chat background by importing any picture of your choice from the Photos app and set the photo as your WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper.
For your convenience, we are listing below (separately), the steps to change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper by using images from the Wallpaper Library and also by using pictures from the Photos app.
Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper Using Library images
Follow the steps below to change WhatsApp chat Wallpaper using the default pictures as set by Apple on your iPhone.
1. From the home screen, tap on WhatsApp icon to launch WhatsApp on your iPhone
2. Tap on Settings from the bottom right corner of your screen (See image below)
3. On the Settings Screen tap on Chats
4. Tap on Chat Wallpaper.
5. Next, tap on Wallpaper Library
Once you tap on Wallpaper Library you will see a variety of Wallpapers that you can choose from.
6. Tap on any image that you would like to set as WhatsApp Chat wallpaper.
Once you tap on any Wallpaper image it will open in a Preview mode with mock chat messages. This should provide you with a good idea of what your selected image looks like during WhatsApp Chats on the iPhone.
7. Tap on Set from the bottom of your screen, in case you like this image as your WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper.
Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper Using Photos on iPhone
Follow the steps below to set a Wallpaper from Photos stored on your iPhone camera roll.
1. Tap on WhatsApp icon to Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone
2. Tap on Settings from the bottom right corner of your screen
3. On the settings screen, tap on Chats
4. Next, tap on Chat Wallpaper.
5. On the Chat Wallpaper Screen, tap on Photos (See image below)
6. On the Photos Screen, tap on Camera Roll. As you can see from the image below, you can select photos from Camera Roll, My Photos Stream or any other image folder in Photos app.
7. Once in Camera Roll, tap on any photo that you want to set as your WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper
Once you tap on a photo, it will open in Preview Mode and you will get a good idea of what the photo actually looks like when it is set as your WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper.
8. Press and hold the photo to move it around to where you want it on the screen. You can also zoom in and out of the image.
9. Tap Set from the bottom right corner of the screen to set this photo as your WhatsApp Chat wallpaper on your iPhone (See image below)
In case you want to pick a different photo, just tap on Cancel from the bottom left corner of the screen and go back to the Camera Roll to try another photo as your WhatsApp Chat Background Wallpaper.